Monday, September 14, 2009

Learning....Trusting... Praying....

i watched the message on lifechurch.tv today about practical athiesm: "I believe in God but i trust in money"
whew. heavy hitting. God's shakin things up for me people. shakin it up hard. while i think i now have a pretty good understanding of what it is that he wants from me, i still feel like this week i need to just pray, read and seek what it is specifically that God is asking of ME. one of the quotes in the sermon was "we don't have to ask God for our daily bread because we have enough in the pantry to last two weeks". i had to shrug and admit that it was true. in fact i made toast this morning. (yes. butter and cinnamon and sugar) but this morning as i examined my bank account compared to the bills that are due next week i almost had a minor heart attack. why? because i trust in money. my initial reaction was fear and not prayer. (please don't read this blog and think that what i just wrote was some sick attempt for pitty and money, it wasn't, i'm just trying to get a point accross about trust/money/God)
perhaps my favorite quote in the sermon was "How can you NOT get to know Him and let him mess you up in the best sort of way?!" haha i had to laugh because its SO hard, but SO true.
in a different and yet similar veign of thought.....
I learned a lot at the support raising boot camp this weekend. I'm excited about all the tools i now have to step forward with my ministry and my vision. i want to get face to face with people and share my vision before asking anyone to join my team. i want people to be excited about why i'm raising support. because, well, to be honest, its completely worth being excited about. I have the opportunity to pour my life into the lives of students who will have the opportunity to be used by God to radically change not only the countries we minister in, but their worlds back home! To have a hand in raising up the next generation of followers of Jesus Christ in a powerful way! its deffinetly something I'm excited about. and i want to share that with everyone, face to face, one on one. it may take some time, but its worth it.

1 comment:

Bryana said...

I'm so glad you watched it. It totally rocked me too. Get small LB so that he can be huge in your life.