Wednesday, October 14, 2009

RIP Squirrel Cage

This morning I was going to take my car into have it looked at. The engine is making some funky noises and the car won't go past about 23 mph. So my dad thinks it might be the timing belt in the engine. I jumped in my brother's car to follow him to drive up into town and my car didn't start. Seeing as how Bry had to leave to get to a conference in Chicago, he didn't have time to do anything about it. Mom and Dad are out of town. So, I jumped the car using another car and got it to start (I'd never jumped a car before, and I got it first try... in the cold rain), then I went to put it in gear and it wouldn't go into gear. I finally forced it into drive and pressed the gas.... nothing. I tried reverse, it felt like the bottom of the car was stuck on a stump or something, I know what you're thinking... emergency break... but no, it was not engaged, I checked.... multiple times. So I flicked on the lights just to see, and it died. So I did the whole routine over again before I got out of the car, kicked the tire and went back inside.
All this to say, I now don't have a car. I don't know what God's going to do with that. I need a car, it's part of my start up costs, but I'm only at about 10% and can't get a car yet. pray. thanks.

2 comments:

Bryana said...

you can have my car.

LB said...

Thanks B.... but i'm not sure it would make it all the way to Indiana from Boise. :(