Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Training Camp!

Training Camp is now in full swing. Hard to believe I’ve been here three weeks already and a good way into my fourth! The Italy Family has been coming together nicely and it looks like we have a fantastic team that will do amazing things for the Lord this summer.


We have 9 staff disciplers who have amazing hearts and a passion to see their students grow and to see people come to know Christ.
Our students are like sponges as we are going through teachings and preparing for the job ahead. We’ve had quite a bit of rain, and evacuated the staff and students a few times up to the Rec center, but luckily none of the storms were bad enough for me to need to leave mine. My tent has stayed almost completely dry through every storm we’ve had. Ironically, the only place I have a puddle is underneath the case of water bottles that I got in case I need a drink at night and don’t have a full nalgene!

God has kept me in Psalm 62 (STILL) and I’m still learning and gleaning new insights each time I go through it. Saturday night I had the opportunity to do the welcome for the students and Psalm 62:8 in the Message version was my primary point. I shared about my first Royal Servants experience and then read that verse. It says this: “So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him. God is a safe place to be.”

I thought that “God is a safe place to be” is a beautiful word picture for God is our refuge.

Please continue to pray for our team. Check out the website for our itinerary if you’re interested in sending me mail while I’m in Rome! (PS…. I LOVE MAIL) My goal this year is if you send a letter, I’ll send you back a postcard.

Blessings!

No comments: