Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lessons along the way.

It is interesting to me as I look back at life so far and think about the things I’ve learned and the times that I see growth in my life. My greatest times of learning were never in the classroom (although I learned a ton in school and value my degree and encourage all who are able to graduate college). The times that I have learned and grown the most have been when I’m in the thick of something, seeing things happen around me. My experiences, more than anything, have made me who I am. Be it traveling abroad to learn patience and flexibility, leading to learn dependence on God, waiting on finances to learn faith and trust, or pain in my life to learn the value of true friends.


I feel like when we learn this way, we not only gain valuable knowledge, we also gain wisdom. I’m grateful for the lessons of life that God has taught me along the way, and I hope I don’t miss any of them.

No comments: