Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Interesting comments...

"Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings -- that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God. But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace. And so that's what I strive to do. That's what I pray to do every day. I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith," the president said.

Though he made clear he is a Christian, the president emphasized his appreciation for tolerance of all religious beliefs.

"I'm also somebody who deeply believes that part of the bedrock strength of this country is that it embraces people of many faiths and of no faith," he said. "This is a country that is still predominantly Christian. But we have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists and that their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as much as our own."

I won't lie. I'm not so sure all religions having "their own path to grace" is ever something that Jesus taught Mr. President. wait... let me check... nope. He covered that one in John 14.
I'm not trying to make a political statement. I'm just saying that Jesus is the ONLY way to God and while the call to love people different than us is one of the greatest commands in the Bible, revereing other faiths is NOT a part of that. I don't want to be a part of culture that strips my faith of its truth so it doesn't offend people.


http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/09/28/obama-christian-choice?test=latestnews

1 comment:

Bryana said...

Yeah that's a really unfortunate situation. I understand his position that as the president you have to be so careful what you say and people in this country are all the ready to rip someone apart as being intolerant. Still, if faith in Christ is really what you profess and you genuinely have the Holy Spirit working in you, you'd find a different way to say it.

Want to move out of the country with me?