Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change of Power

I can't tell you how much I appriciate our political process. Did you realize what happened? yea we got a new President of the United States (you know, where we live?) but even more than that. There wasn't just a new President, but a whole new political party took power! I'm not sure if we're really grasping the importance of this statement yet, if we were in almost any other country there would be a civil war right now. WE ARE SO BLESSED TO LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE POLITICAL CHANGE DOES NOT MEAN WAR, BUT PEACE! I'll be the first to tell ya that I didn't vote for President Obama, but I pray that he serves our country well and that he would honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I was in tears all morning long as I watched the beauty of the process and the historicity of what happened. We now have an African American President, I am so glad that in the last 50 years our country has been able to put aside the issues of color and gender and embrace a person for what they can achieve, not just what they look like. So, while i will typically side with the Pro-life candidate, I am thrilled to see What our new President can achieve for our nation and My prayers are with him. It made me sad how apathetic toward this whole thing many people are. I got to work and people were asking me what the big deal was when i told them I didn't want to miss the moment when Mr. Obama became President Obama. They didn't get it, truth is, this IS huge and in 50 years, people will wonder what today was like, and a bunch of people will be like, oh yeah, i think i saw the news about that, but not me. i watched it... on tv of course, but i watched it.

No comments: