Saturday, January 24, 2009

well hello...

Random thought for the day: People's lives are so complex. I think we'd all say that our lives are complex, but we always seem to minimize the complexities of the lives of others around us. Or maybe we all seem to make complex things that are simple. I wish I knew.
I hope you've enjoyed my random thought for the day.

Deep thought for the day: I was thinking about it last week, about how if my friend called from the side of the road with a flat tire or needed a lift from work I wouldn't even think about it. Not a second thought would go through my head, I'd jump in my car and head out, after all, we're friends, they'd do the same for me. My service to my friend is a direct result of my relationship with that person. Same goes with our relationship with Jesus Christ. We choose to serve him based on our relationship with him. There are needs in the Kingdom of God (big and small) that need to be met, and our willingness to fulfill those needs are based on our relationship with Christ. We're more willing to dive in with both feet if we know without a doubt Christ's love for us. Well guess what, KNOW IT! He'd pick you up if you have a flat any day.

Further thoughts: My prayer cards are printed now! If you want one, let me know I'd love to get it in the mail for you. As always, I appriciate your prayers.

No comments: