Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas in Our Home Town!

Tonight is our annual Women's event at our church and I am so excited! Don't get me wrong... Every year is GREAT, but I'm particularly excited about this year. I'm not really sure why. I think it's just because i'm on such the cusp of my own life change at the moment.
Every year about two to three hundred women gather in a banquet hall and enjoy some fellowship and focus before the onslaught of the Christmas season. The goal is to take a breath and dig in with the right attitude as Christmas quickly approaches.
There's Music, Crafts, Give aways, Silent auctions, and of course a Message.
My Mom does a FANTASTIC job every year at putting together what God puts on her heart and really challenges the women of NW Indiana to action. This year she's talking about Giving from the proper perspective. I'm so proud of her! Every year she speaks she absolutly nails it!
If you think about it, be praying for the event tonight :)

No comments: