Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Psalm 34 and fear.


Interesting thing... fear. It binds us, it grips us, it stops us, and somehow for many of us its always there! I know I've been dealing with it. The fear that God isn't going to do as he promises, the fear that I won't measure up, the fear that people don't care about what I'm called to do. The interesting thing about fear is that its not always (in my case rarely) grounded in reality. (one author I read suggests that my issue isn't really fear as much as anxiety... but that's all semantics) Psalm 34:4 stopped me dead in my tracks the other morning...  "I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."
The answer to fear is seeking the face of God! Doesn't it SOUND easy? TOO easy. So easy in fact, that I often write it off and try to find a way around it myself. Silly, I know... because those times I find nothing in myself but more fear. But when I DO seek the Lord... the fear does infact subside, and the strength and realization that what Ephesians 3:20-21 says is true comes through. (Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.)



This dance is from "So You Think You Can Dance" (a favorite of mine) and it's about a woman dealing with the issue of Fear in her life. Kathryn is the woman struggling and Legacy is the character of Fear. Its absolutly beautiful!  (don't feel like you have to listen to the judges comments, just watch the dance!)

1 comment:

Bryana said...

That Psalm has been one of my favs for a long time. I've really had to claim it in my life as fear is one of my biggest strongholds. Or, at least WAS :) Thank God for Jesus.....literally....